$26 wine club
These Portuguese style grapes were grown in the Sierra Foothills in Amador County. Dulce Rojo is a rich and bold dessert wine bottled by Creswood Monarch, LLC. The grapes are Certified Portuguese style grapes cultivated to enhance the sugar and alcohol content. Wines produced with other than grapes grown in Portugal cannot be called "Port" thus "Portuguese style" best defines Batia Vineyards Dulce Rojo. Certified organically grown and fortified with three-year-old barrel-aged brandy, carefully blended and barrel-aged for five years, the flavors are in perfect balance and this Ruby dessert wine is unsurpassed by any other California Vinters. Dulce Rojo pairs impeccably with any dessert and is just as satisfying sipped on its own.
- 2016 Double Gold Medal El Dorado County Fair, Best Red
- 2016 Double Gold Medal El Dorado County Fair, Green Friendly Wine
- Amador County Certified Organic Grapes.
- Processed and bottled by Crestwood Monarch, LLC.
- AVA Sierra Foothills
- Alcohol 17.5% by volume
- 50% Tinta Cao and 50% Tinta Amarela, traditional Portuguese grape varietals grown in Amador County and Certified Organically Grown.